1. The dryer stopped working.
2. The dishwasher has decided it wants more money for less work.
3. When the handyman came to fix the dryer, he discovered the vent was filled with 6 years', 6 kids', and 3 dogs' worth of lint. He suggested getting the dryer vent blown out before he came back with a new motor for the dryer.
4. I got a Living Social Deal for a dryer vent blow out - $69 for ten feet! Well, we have 23 feet of dryer vent. Who knew? And, apparently, we had "severe" mold growth in our furnace. 5 hours and $1,019 later, we now have clean, mold-free, lint-free ducts.
5. The coil on the garage door broke, leaving us down one car for the weekend.
6. The kids had a random day off yesterday. I thought, hey! Let's try the gym! The boys can play soccer; the girls can frolic; Margaux can practice. The garage guy came, fixed the door, left. I loaded up the car, got stung by a bee, and then couldn't get the garage door down.
7. While I'm not overly concerned about crime in South Tulsa, I couldn't leave with the garage door up (because, um, hello, WINE FRIDGE). We gave up on the gym, called the garage guy back, who lowered the garage door with one touch. Blush.
8. I discovered a writhing mass of MAGGOTS in our garbage can. Bleccccccccchh! Don't you only find maggots in Calcutta dumpsters?
9. So now I am brewing a stew of maggots and bleach in our garbage can. I really don't want to look up what else to do with maggots.
10. Dang this bee sting hurts.
Good lord thank goodness my children aren't as sick as my house and my appliances. Then I'd be a total wreck.
Six Years Strong…
59 minutes ago