1. So I announced this the other day to the World of Facebook:
|Week 15, Baby #7. I am not the grandmother.|
|The gender-reveal party is a great excuse to consume heavily iced cupcakes|
|Lordy another sister|
2. Seven kids doesn't sound daunting to Phil or me at all. But four girls in a row...four TEENAGE girls in a row? Is there enough Pinot Noir in the world?
3. We will continue our trend of Frenchy girl names, because we are unabashed Francophiles and like to think we're really sophisticated like that. Ahem. So...do you got any good names a la Francais? We have a Colette, Sylvie and Margaux.
4. It is so great when they lose those two top teeth at this time of year:
|All I want for Christmas...|
5. Santa is having a tough time coming up with gifts for two sports-loving, video-game loving (am I allowed to admit that?) boys, ages 8 and 10. What are YOUR tween boys clamoring for this Christmas?
6. After baby #6, I gave away all my maternity clothes, thinking I could never endure another pregnancy (my left leg pretty much falls off. It is super super painful.) Ha! Ha! So I've had to buy a few things, and I have to say I love what I've gotten from my dear standby. This brand, Lilac, is new to me, not terribly expensive, and flattering enough that I might not even burn it after I have the baby.
7. I have friends who are waiting for, and wanting, another baby. Please know I am praying for you. The cycle I got pregnant, I said a Novena to Saint Jude. He is my Dude. Maybe he is yours too? I have had a glimpse of the vast emptiness - and can I say pathetic envy of pregnant women? - that comes with wanting another child (and I say that fully knowing how ridiculous for a mother who has been as richly blessed as I have been to even harbor such feelings. But there they were.). If a child is what your heart desires, do not lose hope!
Have a Happy Advent Week!